Car Insurance Frequently asked questions

No, your policy would not cover items stolen from your vehicle. Some homeowner's policies will; please contact your Insurance Agent for information.
The liability portion of your policy transfers to the rental vehicle if the rental vehicle is a temporary replacement for the vehicle insured.
Coverage determinations are based on a case-by-case basis; however, flooding would be covered under the Comprehensive portion of your policy should that coverage be available. For further assistance please contact your claims representative at (800) 880-0472.
If you lend your car to a friend, the driver will only be covered if the individual is not legally excluded off the policy.
The State of Texas requires liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist and personal injury protection. The uninsured/underinsured motorist and personal injury protection can be rejected of the policy with the customers' signature.
The coverage that is required by the lien holder is Physical Damage. Physical Damage covers the vehicle from sand, hail, flood, vandalism and collision regardless of fault. The insured will pay the deductible then the policy will pay the rest of the damages.
Liability only covers third-parties' bodily injury. You may purchase Personal Injury Protection or Medical Payments coverage to cover your own medical costs.
Though the term 'full coverage' is widely used there is no policy which provides 'full coverage.' Every policy has limits and deductibles in addition to exclusions. To assess your specific coverage needs please contact your local Fred Loya Insurance office or our Customer Service Center at (800) 860-5692.
Comprehensive coverage (also known as Other-Than-Collision) would cover your vehicle against theft.
If you are insured with Loya Insurance Group, your lien-holder has an insurable interest in your vehicle. In some cases, your lien-holder will be included as a payee on a settlement check. If you are a third party presenting a claim against our policyholder, we will include your lien-holder in the property damage settlement if your vehicle is a total loss.